Hope Counseling, part of Adult and Teen Challenge, focuses on the total person.
Adult & Teen Challenge has obtained a Drug Abuse Treatment and Education (DATEP) License for their office located at 15 W 10th Street, Columbus, GA, 31901.
Services provided will include:
- Clinical Assessments
- Individual Therapy
- Group Therapy
- Family Therapy
Utilizing a biblical, Christ-centered approach with:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Rational Emotive Behavioral Therapy
- Reality Therapy
All aspects of our program are focused on achieving abstinence from alcohol and other drugs, and most importantly, building the foundation to support recovery for a lifetime, including spiritual recovery.
- Spiritually: we know that the student’s symptoms are indicative of deeper problems and conflicts; we understand that a new life in Christ will give them the power and ability to overcome these problems and live a more productive life.
- Emotionally: The healing of past abuses is necessary. Biblical studies enhance mental growth and serve as a foundation for creating new lives.
- Physically: We care for the physical needs of the students. These needs – a drug-free environment, food, recreation, etc – are key factors to the student’s success in the program.
- Socially: Students learn to work through relationship problems with their peers and with their families at home. They will learn to apply the character qualities they learn in the classroom to their everyday lives.
- Educationally: We have developed a life training curriculum specifically designed to develop the skills required for them to become successful members of society. Comprehensive education includees subjects ranging from the related health aspects of chemical dependency, boundary setting, anger management, coping skills, relapse prevention and cognitive behavioral tools to help build a strong foundation in recovery.
Why Choose Hope Counseling First?
Hope Counseling differs from typical quick programs you hear so much about. Short-term “revolving door” programs are visited again and again by relapsed addicts, temporarily solving the addiction, but never solving the core of the problem so the addiction comes right back again. So, the addict has to return to rehabs again and again, costing them, their insurance carrier, or their family tens of thousands of dollars each time. Every day, Adult and Teen Challenge centers enroll individuals who have previously attended many short-term rehabs, without success. They should have come to Adult and Teen Challenge first!
So, why is Hope Counseling different? It is one of few programs that will dedicate a longer period to work with each addict. That is a huge financial commitment by the organization and community, but it is the time needed in order for the recovery rates to be what they are. The day-to-day structure, community, and faith emphasis over time bring addicts slowly out of wrong and drug-impacted thinking into an awareness of a purpose for their life and a new way of thinking and living. Such a new purpose and way of living is one that has no place for abusing drugs or alcohol; addiction is replaced by self-love, peace, happiness, purpose, and an excitement for the future.
Will Forced Avoidance of Substances Solve the Problem?
The short answer is “No.” Detoxing and keeping an individual from drugs or alcohol only lasts as long as the addict is in a very controlled environment. After that, if other life issues are not deal with, the addict will return to the addiction. This isn’t because it is a disease — it is a learned behavior for covering up the individual’s hurts and longings and it feels really good, at first. Yes, Adult and Teen Challenge programs separate addicts from their addicting substances for a longer period, but the harder work they do is to replace the addiction with a whole new way of living. They gradually work the individual back into the community, with a new goal in life and as they have the strength to avoid negative behaviors and environments on their own.
Adult and Teen Challenge centers also teach responsibility, work ethic, and pride in work. More importantly, they instill truthfulness and trustworthiness in each individual, which are the cornerstones of relationships and responsibilities.
Hope Counseling Definition of Addiction
Addiction is characterized by an individual’s progressive loss of control over the continuing use of a substance or behavior. The user becomes obsessed with the substance or behavior despite adverse consequences and vigorously denies the existence of a problem if confronted. The user will do just about anything to maintain their addiction, so it affects not only the individual person but can also be damaging to families, relationships, careers, and many other aspects of life. Adult and Teen Challenge programs are designed to provide long-term recovery from such addictions.
Hope Counseling Final Word and a Promise
At the core of the Adult and Teen Challenge program is this principle…
“God’s love has the power to reach and transform every addict, offering them instead of a life of truth, peace, and purpose. Our goal is to clear the addict’s mind and provide the right motivations, environment, training, and mentorship to support this transformation. So, if you or a loved one is on the downward spiral of substance abuse, contact an Adult and Teen Challenge program first. We promise it will be the last rehab program you or they will ever need.”