Hope Counseling Teen Challenge Southeast
A warm, healing environment welcomes men, women, and families to begin a journey toward wholeness and freedom from life-controlling problems. While participating in the highly structured counseling program, those struggling learn to turn to God for strength and wisdom as their lives are transformed. The Teen Challenge Hope Counseling online or in-person counseling program breaks the cycle of failure, substance abuse, addiction, and life-controlling issues by providing tools for effective and lifelong recovery.
Hope Counseling, part of Adult and Teen Challenge, focuses on the total person through teletherapy or in-person counseling.
Teen Challenge Southeast has obtained a Drug Abuse Treatment and Education (DATEP) License for their office located at 15 W 10th Street, Columbus, GA, 31901.
Counseling services provided will include:
- Clinical Assessments
- Individual Therapy
- Group Therapy
- Family Therapy
Utilizing a biblical, Christ-centered approach with:
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Rational Emotive Behavioral Therapy
- Reality Therapy
All aspects of our in-person or teletherapy program are focused on achieving abstinence from alcohol, drugs, or other life-controlling issues and most importantly, building the foundation to support recovery for a lifetime, including spiritual recovery.
- Spiritually: we know that the student’s symptoms are indicative of deeper problems and conflicts; we understand that a new life in Christ will give them the power and ability to overcome these problems and live a more productive life.
- Emotionally: The healing of past abuses is necessary. Biblical studies enhance mental growth and serve as a foundation for creating new lives.
- Physically: We care for the physical needs of the students. These needs – a drug-free environment, food, recreation, etc – are key factors to the student’s success in the program.
- Socially: Students learn to work through relationship problems with their peers and with their families at home. They will learn to apply the character qualities they learn in the classroom to their everyday lives.
- Educationally: We have developed a life training curriculum specifically designed to develop the skills required for them to become successful members of society. Comprehensive education includes subjects ranging from the related health aspects of chemical dependency, boundary setting, anger management, coping skills, relapse prevention, and cognitive behavioral tools to help build a strong foundation in recovery.
Why Choose Hope Counseling First?
Hope Counseling differs from other counseling programs you hear so much about. Counseling programs are visited again and again by relapsed addicts, temporarily solving the addiction, but never solving the core of the problem so the addiction comes right back again. So, the addict has to return to rehabs again and again, costing them, their insurance carrier, or their family tens of thousands of dollars each time. Every day, Adult and Teen Challenge Hope Counseling helps individuals who have previously visited therapy programs, without success. They should have come to Hope Counseling Teen Challenge first!
Why is Hope Counseling Teen Challenge Southeast different than most counseling services?
It is one of few counseling programs that will dedicate a longer period to work with each addict. That is a huge financial commitment by the organization and community, but it is time needed in order for the recovery rates to be what they are. The day-to-day structure, community, and faith emphasis over time brings addicts slowly out of wrong and drug-impacted thinking into an awareness of a purpose for their life and a new way of thinking and living. Such a new purpose and way of living is one that has no place for abusing drugs or alcohol; addiction is replaced by self-love, peace, happiness, purpose, and an excitement for the future.
Will Forced Avoidance of Substances Solve the Problem?
The short answer is “No.” Detoxing and keeping an individual from drugs or alcohol only lasts as long as the addict is in a very controlled environment. After that, if other life issues are not deal with, the addict will return to the addiction. This isn’t because it is a disease — it is a learned behavior for covering up the individual’s hurts and longings and it feels really good, at first. Yes, Adult and Teen Challenge programs separate addicts from their addicting substances for a longer period, but the harder work they do is to replace the addiction with a whole new way of living. They gradually work the individual back into the community, with a new goal in life and as they have the strength to avoid negative behaviors and environments on their own.
Teen Challenge centers also teach responsibility, work ethic, and pride in work. More importantly, they instill truthfulness and trustworthiness in each individual, which are the cornerstones of relationships and responsibilities.
Counseling Centers for men and women in Georgia (GA), include Christian counselors in Georgia (GA), Christian substance abuse counseling in Georgia (GA), Christian addiction counseling in Georgia (GA), Teen Challenge counseling service in Georgia (GA), Teletherapy for men and women in Georgia (GA), Drug and alcohol counseling in Georgia (GA), Teen Challenge online counseling in Georgia (GA), Affordable counseling in Georgia (GA), Addiction help for men in Georgia (GA), Addiction help for Women in Georgia (GA), and telehealth in Georgia (GA).
"NO WARRANTY" LEGAL NOTICE: While independent outcomes studies have shown very high recovery rates for indiviuals in our programs, we cannot guarantee recovery for any particular individual. Recovery and future abstinence from addicting substances and the effects that such substances may have on the individual or their life, actions, or their future are entirely dependent on the individual and how well they apply the principles we have taught them. We are an educational institution, and how the individual in our program learns from what they are taught and modeled here, is totally up to them. Individuals who stay the full term (until graduation) have much better long-term recovery from addicitons than those who do not.